Farm Life...


Between the chickens, vegetable garden and giant nest of ladybugs I found in the bee hive boxes, I thought life was pretty exciting.  


Then I went out to Farmhouse cheese.


It's baby goat season.
He or she is one day old - is standing in the sun with it's eyes closed smiling.


 Seriously adorable.
This could be my missing goat.


These ones were pretty 'fresh' and must have come out the night before.


This big boy was rather serious...


..and this guy, well, I have no idea what he's thinking, but it's not good.


The ladies are lovely as always.


We bought some of their 2 year old aged cheddar - so amazing.


If you can get out there, it's worth the drive.  
click here to visit:  farmhousecheese


I think I'm making headway with my husband on getting some sheep after this day.

11 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Heather, this is a spectacular post… gorgeous photos of beautiful creatures!!! Made me smile! Enjoy your day…
Mary

Sarah said...

Very lovely post

Sarah said...

Very lovely post

Dagelijks Brood said...

Very beautifull, i love this post!
Thank you for sharing your photo's! :-)

Sharon said...

What beautiful pictures , just love them

Eleanor said...

Three words sum it up: I love this.

Martine vianen said...

Lovely lovely, great pics! Love spring and everything what comes around these days.
The new green, new live. It's a bit a miracle.

Enjoy, and sorry for not passing by more often on your blog. Love the country life.

Martine x.

Auntie Cake said...

Smart choice, I have raised both sheep and goats, sheep are way less destructive. I would take sheep over goats any day. Enjoy, they are delightful! A lot of work, but delightful!
Kate

Miss Miranda xo said...

About a year ago we were on our Sunday drive when I noticed the missing goat sign. We turned down the next street and there was a lone goat standing by the side of the road. My daughters begged their Dad to help the goat. he got out of the car and went to help the goat he found a young fellow who thought he knew where the goat came from. The young man picked up the goat but couldn't cross the ditch with the goat so on the count of three he tossed the goat to my husband it was the most comical thing to watch. My oldest daughter always says that was the day she was sure Mom was finally going to get her goat. We never drive past your place without remembering that day. I love your cookbook and your blog. Hopefully one day I will be able to visit your farm. Maria

Lois said...

Oh my, I can't possibly get enough of that sweet little goat. I hope you win the 'let's have sheep!' debate so we can see those darlings, too.

Vintage Home said...

Such a fabulous place and your pictures are amazing!
Next time you are out this way come over!!!
Those wee goat pictures of yours are A D O R A B L E!
Thank you for sharing them~