Food in Jars...


I've finally dealt with the last of the honey figs.


I've eaten at least 7 a day..


...made three batches of strawberry fig jam...


..and today, put the last of them in brandy.


Of course, as I put the last lid on, I noticed that the tree outside this window is now loaded with brown turkey figs.  
Did I mention we have two of those!?!!!

Figs in Brandy Recipe


I made five 500ml jars
sterilize your jars and lids ahead in a boiling bath of water.
10 minutes for jars
five minutes for seals

cut off the top of each honey fig
Sliced them in half
placed them in the sterilized jars without squishing them
in a large pot combine 2 cups brandy (not the most expensive, but not the cheapest) 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar.  Heat and stir till sugar dissolves and mixture is very hot.
carefully pour hot mixture over the figs till you are 1/4 inch from the top of your jar.
use a knife to remove any air bubbles you see in the jar.
wipe rims so they are clean
add your lid and finger tighten.

Process in a hot water boiling bath for 10 minutes.